25 December 2005

Why Doesn't This Ever Happen To Me?

I am an estate planning attorney. I have had lots of interesting experiences in my career. But, one estate planning story that was tagged at the Tax Profs Blog has never happened to me. In fact, nothing even remotely similar to it has ever happened to me in my estate planning capacity (although I once was part of a team of attorneys for some government officials who were accused of having done something similar non-consentually).

Britney Spears is suing US Weekly for $20 million over their allegation that Ms. Spears and her husband, Kevin Federline, "feared the release of a secret sex tape, which they had viewed with their estate planning lawyers."


What am I doing wrong? Does this happen to other estate planning lawyers? Why don't they talk about this in law school or continuing legal education classes?

No comments: